Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Water time

Blog blog bloggy blog.

I seem to be getting better at this whole writing thing eh? Im keeping it regular and interesting or at least I think I am. I'd like to thank you all again for reading my Blog. I don't get a lot of comments but the views are pretty high so I guess you peeps are liking some of my ramblings.
Im beginning to get the hang of stringing a story or at least a decent paragraph together which is cool.

Yesterday was my first day shooting with my new housing. For anyone who isn't sure what that is heres a shot from the website. It covers my camera and allows me to get into the lovely liquid world we call the sea.

I am blown away. It was like starting photography all over again. A whole new challenge.
My brain is overloading with possibilities.

However, It was one of the scariest experiences I have had in a long time putting my beloved camera into a Aquatech Polyurethane case and trusting it to keep everything dry and safe. Heres how all that happened.
I met bodyboarder Tom Gillespie who had some experience around water housings and there set up. He helped rig it all up and once he convinced me it was going to be water tight we went for a session at Posties in Spanish Point.
Still freaking out a bit at the fact that my 7D which was less than a year old was been put into the sea I spent a few minuets in rock pools testing for bubbles etc. It seemed all good.
I had borrowed swim fins off Tom and the great french man Yann had gave me a leash for my camera.

Heres some shots from my first session.

First up is Andrew Kilfeather who I stole a memory card off. Im sorry Andy but this shot is a nice forgiveness gift. This was the second wave I shot. I was hoping to get one good shot all session. Even a shot of some seaweed would have made my day. I was so happy when this happened.



Nice moody one of Tommy G. Even on a grey day you can get some cool stuff.

 The great Yannbert. A funny funny french man who is on a trip over here. Il be sorry to see this man go, great character.


Tommy G with an aul roley poley :)













Couldn't of be a better start off session for me. Not too big not too small and easy swimming conditions.
After this small session we went straight to Rileys were it was a bit heavier conditions and a lot more fun to shoot. But them shots are for tomorrows post.

I have to give a big shout out to Evan and all the crew at Aquatech. The housing is amazing. Cant wait to get in the water again. Thanks guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment