Saturday, January 8, 2011

If A Picture Says A Thousand Words Then His Say Millions..

Mickey Smith..
What can i say about Mickey..

In my eyes the most talented lens man in the world..
I am lucky enough to know mickey and am privileged to be able to shoot along side the man from time to time.

Mickey puts himself in situations were only the slightly insane will venture.. And because of this insanity he produces images that the surfing world is blown away by on a monthly basis..
I have so much respect for this man in so many ways.. His knowledge of the ocean ways, his talent and his drive, but where Mickey gains most of my respect is from the mans love for what he does..
He lives to love his life..


About 6 months ago Mickey and the extremely talented Allan Wilson published this short..
DARK SIDE OF THE LENS is an insight into Mickeys life as a photographer.. Even someone not into photography or surfing can appreciate this.. I have watched this easily close to 100 times..




I hope that one day someone sees me and i come across like this.. A man in love with what he does and not in it for fame or glory but in it for experience, adventure and love.. 



If i become a quarter of what Mickey Smith is then i will be happy.. 

Well done Mickey!!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment