Sunday, March 20, 2011

Good Times!!

Archive past blast.. Found some oldys.. 

Feb 2009
I am making my way on foot to my local slab. Armed with just a camera bag i start to jog. Before getting a car i use to do this a lot. Almost everyday there was waves and sometimes twice id get excited at the chance of waves and find myself jogging the 2 mile trek to this slab. More that not finding no waves at all at the end. 
On this day it was 8 in the morning and i was jogging down when i heard a beep behind me. There was Fergal Smith accompanied with Paul Morgan on the search for waves. Being the nice guy he is Ferg let me tag along with them in the jeep.
This shot was from one of the crazier spots we checked.. Although this looks surf able it was acually a deathwish that day.. 


May 2009
Another early morning mission to Rileys here. 
This was this was the first session that Id ever seen some talented bodyboarders in Ireland doing there thing. I fell in love with there mad drops, crazy positioning and there all round madness in the water. On this day and on most days at Rileys you can hear the hoots and shouts from the shoulder as they take turns getting shacked. Much respect for them.
This is Shambles on a meaty one with Dan Skaj checking him out from the reef. Good Times!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment